"I can do everything through him that gives me strength"- Phillipians 4:13

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Here we go

I would say it's been a while, but just look at the date, and do some simple math to know that's the case.

Why I've decided to blog: 1. No more Twitter. In February I decided to take one year off from Twitter. I was following and being followed by people I loved and cared for. However, I couldn't stop myself from being critical, judgmental, prideful (recurring theme), and self righteous while on there. So I applied a little Matthew 18:8-9 action and committed to take one year off Twitter. 2. No more Facebook. Last week I went with some brothers to an annual Leadership conference at Newspring Church in Anderson, SC. I went last year, and this year was just as impactful. Perry Noble is the pastor of the church and was the first speaker. His quote was "pastors need to spend less time on facebook, and more time on their face in front of God". Done! I am taking 6 months off facebook and hope to stay as committed to that as well.

In the meantime, I am going to be blogging. One thing the Lord has been teaching me is that not every thought that runs through my head is going to make a better place. Who woulda thunk it?! I hope that this blog will help me gather my thoughts, and put them down on paper. I am praying that apart from the updates of what is going on in my daily life, the rest of it is words from the Lord, or scripture, or quotes, or thoughts from much wiser men than me. I am praying that this doesn't become my pedestal, but just a platform that I can share how much my God loves me and how much His grace has affected my life. I pray that it exposes myself in a way that can show how little worth I have, and how much worth God pours into my life. I pray that it exposes how much I am trying to become an empty shell for the Lord to fill. My final prayer for the night is that you will understand how unimportant this blog is, and how important your Bible is. I pray that you will stop reading my blog and dedicate that time to intimacy with our God and Savior.