"I can do everything through him that gives me strength"- Phillipians 4:13

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Going to Italy

Hey guys,
I have received word from VMM (Virginia Mennonite Missions) that they are officially releasing me to serve in Italy. This does not mean I've got all the funds I need to raise, but it is enough to get started with. I was in Harrisonburg VA for a week of orientation. There we had some good time being in the presence of God and only focusing on him and us by doing different devotionals and being quiet in His presence. We also heard from a few missionaries that had been to different places like Thailand, the Philippines, Israel etc. These courageous people got me really inspired and all pumped up for my trip.
With the help of my great MST (Mission Support Team) and other friends I've been able to set up a few fundraisers for this last month before I leave. Today we had a quite successful yard sale at the Dowell's house, and with the leftover things, we're thinking about doing another one soon. Tomorrow I will be going to Landstown Community Church to share a bit about my future trip.

Next Friday the 17th is our PARENTS NIGHT OUT fundraiser. Great Bridge United Methodist Church has offered a couple of classrooms from their nursery for us to use to babysit. This is open to anyone with kids, no matter what the age. Please keep your 18 year olds at home though. A girls bible study group from the church will be helping us babysit as well as some of my friends from Young Life. Please spread the word about this if you can. The address for the church is 201 Stadium Drive Chesapeake VA 23322. Call Tiffany at 757-373-8132 to RSVP so we know how many kids are going to be there and plan accordingly.There is a suggested $10.00 donation per kid, but that will not be enforced. Give what you can! Thanks for logging in to catch up.