"I can do everything through him that gives me strength"- Phillipians 4:13

Sunday, September 16, 2007

TESOL Training

Hey there. I'm in Lebanon, Pennsylvania now. I came here last Sunday September 9th. It's a Youth With A Mission base. They offer DTS (discipleship training school) and TESOL (teaching English to speakers of other languages. So for the past week I've been taking classes on teaching English as a second language. It's all pretty ironic seeing as I'm speaking English as a second language myself. The class has about 13 people. We're all living here for the next month. There's people from Brazil, Missouri, Washington State, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. It's pretty interesting getting to know everyone and hearing their testimonies.
We have classes pretty much all day. We have worship time in the morning until 10 something. Then we have about 4 class sessions with small 15 minutes breaks in between. In the evenings we have free time usually, but most of the time we have homework. This past week we got to take a trip to walmart one night, and then played soccer another night. That's the picture at the bottom. Friday we get done with classes before lunch so that's pretty nice. We went to visit Hershey Park and the school there as well. It was pretty cool to see how someone can use the resources and the finances they've been blessed with to just give it away to further the education for kids who can't afford it. Saturday, a few of us decided to take a quick trip to Philadelphia. We went and saw a football game, and checked out the Liberty Bell.
I will be here until October 6th, and then I'm leaving Chesapeake on the 9th for Palermo. Every thing's happening pretty fast but it's all really exciting. Keep me in your prayers!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us