"I can do everything through him that gives me strength"- Phillipians 4:13

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Patience...

Wow what a last couple of days it's been. I finally got all packed up and ready to go. I went to the airport yesterday, said my goodbyes with everyone, and waited at my gate. They said there would be a 30 min delay. Then a one hour delay...then two....then three. It seemed like the weather in Newark Airport, New Jersey was getting worse and consequently so were the delays. I spent my time watching a couple of movies in italian i got to brush up on my italian listening skills.

I watched Evan Almighty...I didn't know all those american actors spoke italian that well. As i was watching i realized that it's more than a funny movie. There's some deep stuff in there. In one scene the actor that plays God is talking to Evan's wife. He's talking about ways God speaks to people. "People always ask for patience and courage. When you ask for patience, do you think God gives you patience...or the opportunity to be patient? And when you ask for courage, you think God gives you courage...or the opportunity to be courageous!" ... I had to write it down. Such a wonderful and deep quote from a Hollywood movie....very uncharacteristic of them. My friend Alex had quoted that to me the night before actually but this was still a different surprise. That's when i realized God was giving me the opportunity to be patient.

I'm in New Jersey now. My flight last night got postponed so long that i couldn't make my connecting flights to italy so i chose to go the next day. My first test in this new and exciting year. I'm absolutely positive this wasn't coincidental...it never is with God. i have a feeling that's his theme for me for my ministry this next year...be patient. So when you get a chance to pray for me....pray i have more opportunities to be patient.