"I can do everything through him that gives me strength"- Phillipians 4:13

Thursday, April 10, 2008

New

Hey everyone, thanks so much for the feedback. I have just added one more thing. Posting pictures directly on the blog was proving to be quite a challenge so I have created some online albums. If you scroll down, on the right side of the page where it says Links, there's a link called my pictures. That will take you to my picture albums. I have just added two new albums this week. One of the week my friend Dave Matthews came to visit me, and another one of the week i was traveling in north Italy. Enjoy!

Also, thank you so much to all of you for your prayers concerning my health. I am feeling much much better now and able to enjoy the warm weather by going outside.

A new development is that the kids in the neighborhood have really warmed up to me. There's a group of young boys who are always out there playing soccer right next to the church. I knew a couple of them from the Saturday program we have with the younger kids. Yesterday i spent pretty much all afternoon and most of my evening hanging out and playing soccer with these kids. The really cool thing i noticed is that they realize my views on things and that I'm one of the church people. When they were playing soccer, one of them slipped and dropped a couple of curse words. Usually that wouldn't have been an issue for them, but I think because I was there, the others got on his case about it.
What I liked about that is that they know I'm a missionary, and a church person...but they still want me to hang out and play with them. So i guess in some way they like the way I am as opposed to other older guys that hang out around the neighborhood. I'm going to keep praying for these kids and that they find some good role models to look up to.